Oh, enough Robert Frank...for the moment. (I've actually got lots more Frank-related stuff but let's take a break.)
For those unaffected by the economic downturn, here's a treat from Steidl:
Jack Kerouac On the Road
by Ed Ruscha
Ruscha's personal affinity with Kerouac's seminal novel On the Road has been wonderfully resolved in this limited edition book. Ruscha has designed the book, illustrating Kerouac's text with his own photographs. The text is printed in Letterpress on 220g Hahnemühle paper and every one of the 55 photo-plates is blind embossed and tipped in by hand to create an exquisite and original edition of On the Road.
• Published by Steidl with Gagosian Gallery
• 55 Photos on Fuji Crystal Archive Paper tipped in by hand.
• 228 pages
• 44.5 cm x 32.5 cm
• Leather-bound hardcover delivered in a leather-covered slipcase
• Limited edition of 350 copies, 35 APs and 5 PPs, signed and numbered by Ed Ruscha
• ISBN: 978-3-86521-947-3
• Publication date: October 2009
• UK £6,250.00
• US $10,000.00
• EC €7,200.00
You can order the book here. I'm thinking of getting three copies. I kinda think maybe it'll be a collector's item someday, maybe.
This sells for more than his most expensive self-published books.
I'm just saying...